Who Should Be a Member?
Farms, distributors, suppliers, retailers, and marketers of all sizes can benefit from the variety of programs and services offered by OPGMA. Our goal is to save you time and money, and otherwise support your business through our publications, events, discount purchasing programs, advocacy. Membership is affordable for all business sizes.
Membership in OPGMA also supports your industry. Your dues underwrite our political and regulatory advocacy efforts, food safety training programs, collaborative marketing programs, and engagement with young professionals and students. All employees of member companies have access to the activities and benefits at member prices.
Membership is open to all businesses that conduct (or wish to conduct) business in Ohio’s fresh produce industry.
- Insurance Options Available – OPGMA endorses Association Benefit Planners, a company that is dedicated to providing valuable advice, review, and planning on a wide range of comprehensive insurance products and business services. For more information call (866) 679-6787.
- Workers’ Comp Program – Get reduced Workers’ Compensation premiums through OPGMA’s exclusive program. Did you know that many alternative discounts are available to help reduce your annual Ohio workers’ compensation costs? Through the Ohio Produce Growers and Marketers Assoc workers’ compensation program, your organization can significantly reduce your workers’ compensation costs through a variety of alternative rating programs. Our program, administered by Sedgwick, offers you quality service and stability through the complex workers’ compensation environment. For over 50 years, Sedgwick has been helping employers navigate Ohio’s workers’ compensation system, providing services to help them control claim-related costs and reduce premiums. Our team includes the experienced colleagues from CompManagement and CareWorks Comp. The two companies merged and are now Sedgwick. Together, we serve nearly 65,000 Ohio employers including organizations of all sizes operating in various industries across the state. Group rating programs administered by Sedgwick have produced over $4 billion in savings since group rating was introduced in 1991, and their group retrospective programs have returned over $630 million in premium refunds since the program began in 2009. If your organization is not yet participating in this member benefit, and you would like to receive a free, no-obligation analysis from Sedgwick, email our Business Development Manager, Julia Bowling at email@example.com or for a no obligation online quote click here.
- Annual Ohio Produce Network – The Ohio Produce Network offers reduced registration rate. This event provides outstanding education sessions, an all-industry trade show, and networking and idea exchange opportunities.
- OPGMA Summer Tour – Learn first-hand from your peers how to develop effective growing and retailing practices to help your business succeed.
- OPGMA Today – Features no-nonsense, easy-to-read, timely information about current industry issues, production, management, and marketing. The technical, yet practical articles are written for members by industry leaders and researchers.
- American Income Life Insurance Company – All members are provided a fully paid group Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit through the cooperation of the Association and American Income Life Insurance Company. This is at no cost to the member.
- Complimentary subscriptions to leading industry publications that contain important news, reports, and research on industry technology, markets, and people.
- Website Listing – All members receive a basic listing on the OPGMA website
- Mentorship Program for newer growers looking for help/best practices for situations that they are facing.
Producer & Marketer Membership: varies
Designed to meet the needs of growers, farm markets, CSAs, etc. Membership is for the entire company. All employees of member companies have access to the activities and benefits at member prices.
Tier 1: Up to $225,000 in gross sales: $145
Tier 2: $225,000 – $500,000 in gross sales: $240
Tier 3: $500,000 – $1 million in gross sales: $360
Tier 4: $1 million and up in gross sales: $480
Industry Partner Membership: $145
Designed for members that sell: farming equipment, packaging supplies, insurance or financial services, novelty and food products for retail markets, etc.
Supporter Membership: $50
Educators, researchers, retirees, and employees of a member companies can purchase individual memberships.
Sedgwick Affiliate Membership: $145
Any individual or company that qualifies for our group rate through Sedgwick is required to become a member of the organization.