Who Should Be a Member?
Farms, distributors, suppliers, retailers, and marketers of all sizes can benefit from the variety of programs and services offered by OPGMA. Our goal is to save you time and money, and otherwise support your business through our publications, events, discount purchasing programs, advocacy. Membership is affordable for all business sizes.
Membership in OPGMA also supports your industry. Your dues underwrite our political and regulatory advocacy efforts, food safety training programs, collaborative marketing programs, and engagement with young professionals and students. All employees of member companies have access to the activities and benefits at member prices.
Membership is open to all businesses that conduct (or wish to conduct) business in Ohio’s fresh produce industry.
- Insurance Options Available – OPGMA endorses Association Benefit Planners, a company that is dedicated to providing valuable advice, review, and planning on a wide range of comprehensive insurance products and business services. For more information call (866) 679-6787.
- Workers’ Comp Program – Get reduced Workers’ Compensation premiums through OPGMA’s exclusive program.
- Annual Ohio Produce Network – The Ohio Produce Network offers reduced registration rate. This event provides outstanding education sessions, an all-industry trade show, and networking and idea exchange opportunities.
- OPGMA Summer Tour – Learn first-hand from your peers how to develop effective growing and retailing practices to help your business succeed.
- OPGMA Today – Features no-nonsense, easy-to-read, timely information about current industry issues, production, management, and marketing. The technical, yet practical articles are written for members by industry leaders and researchers.
- American Income Life Insurance Company – All members are provided a fully paid group Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit through the cooperation of the Association and American Income Life Insurance Company. This is at no cost to the member.
- Complimentary subscriptions to leading industry publications that contain important news, reports, and research on industry technology, markets, and people.
- Website Listing – All members receive a basic listing on the OPGMA website
- Mentorship Program for newer growers looking for help/best practices for situations that they are facing.
Producer & Marketer Membership: varies
Designed to meet the needs of growers, farm markets, CSAs, etc. Membership is for the entire company. All employees of member companies have access to the activities and benefits at member prices.
Tier 1: Up to $225,000 in gross sales: $120
Tier 2: $225,000 – $500,000 in gross sales: $200
Tier 3: $500,000 – $1 million in gross sales: $300
Tier 4: $1 million and up in gross sales: $400
Industry Partner Membership: $120
Designed for members that sell: farming equipment, packaging supplies, insurance or financial services, novelty and food products for retail markets, etc.
Supporter Membership: $50
Educators, researchers, retirees, and employees of a member companies can purchase individual memberships.
Sedgwick Affiliate Membership: $120
Any individual or company that qualifies for our group rate through Sedgwick is required to become a member of the organization.